Sunday, February 8, 2009

Back for the new year

You might have noticed that this blog hasn't been updated in several months. I debated whether or not I should continue with the hiatus or just stop blogging altogether. I've decided, though, to come back to it. Since my last post I have visited Paris for the first time! Visiting that beautiful city was one of the best experiences I've ever had so far, and I look forward to visit again soon. My trip also included a visit to Versailles, which was really one of the highlights for me...it was fascinating to actually "be there" and see everything for yourself. I came back with a few souvenirs: two 18th-century fashion plates postcards, which I will post later because I plan to use them as decoration in some way, and some apple candies...the package said they were made from apples in the King's Garden, and they were delicious! I highly recommend buying these from the souvenir shop there if you ever visit.
That aside, my point of this post is to basically get back into this blog, updating it with anything and everything Marie Antoinette-related! I'm always up for new ideas, so any comments/suggestions on what you'd like to see on this blog are welcome!

-R*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back , I know its been a while but I still love your blog. I still have you on my favorites. I am writing a cookbook all about petit fours. The book will be all in the Marie Antoinette style. I hope to get inspiration along the way from your blog , Thanks for coming back.