Sunday, February 22, 2009

Jewelry obsession

I love Etsy.com-- I can spend hours just looking at all the amazing things people make and sell on there. One of my favorite things to browse through is the jewelry-you can't beat the handmade pieces for creativity. My latest jewelry obsession happens to be an Etsy find:

These beauties, aptly-named "Marie Antoinette Opulent Earrings with Faceted Glass Jewels", are so glamorous yet so simple. I think they capture the elegance of Marie Antoinette's style just right! They're by designer laralewis for $24.

-R*

Know of any great Marie-inspired jewelry finds? Leave me a comment! (I'm working on setting up an e-mail address specifically for this blog)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A chicette in Paris said...

Oooooh totally opulent and cute!! Great discovery, thanks!! :-)

Kisses from Paris!

xoxo

www.chicsetera.com

Amarettogirl said...

I just discovered your blog! So happy to make your virtual acquaintance :) You are so right about those earrings they are SO MARIE! I absolutely love your French and Marie Antoinette style ---I've posted a bit about her influence on me and my art and my etsy stuff too! I've bookmarked you and I will be sure to stop by often - come check out my neck of the woods too! You might like my most recent post - I'm making a Marie Doll to display my faux cupcakes!

Lana Manis said...

Those earrings are beautiful!

Glad I found your blog ~ it's beautiful as well!

Anonymous said...

Actually this blog is for girls :)

Pain Management
Diet Menu

melissa said...

Hi, Hope you are doing well.

I am writing from the Collectors Weekly a San Francisco based online antiques publication dedicated to showcasing the passion and knowledge of collectors.

I was checking out your blog today and thought you might enjoy our site. We recently posted a great new interview with Costume Jewelry collector Carole Tanenbaum. I think you and your readers will really enjoy it. Carole talks about vintage costume jewelry, discussing the major designers (such as Coco Chanel, Schiaparelli, Trifari, and Schreiner), popular fashion trends, and the origins of costume jewelry:

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/an-interview-with-vintage-costume-jewelry-collector-carole-tanenbaum/

I hope you enjoy it, and please let me know what you think about it.

Thanks and have a great week.
Melissa

PS coming soon is another great jewelry interview with Marbeth Schon.

--
Melissa Crago
The Collectors Weekly
melissa@collectorsweekly.com
http://www.collectorsweekly.com
520-403-7180

Mary Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.